Music lesson timetable information
Music Lesson Registration click here to apply
Autumn Term 2022
Music lessons are all now underway. Once your child has had their first lesson of the term, the full schedule will be published. Note that most music lessons change time each week (but are always on the same day). This avoids students missing the same school subject too frequently.
All the schedules are attached below, with a list of students/teachers in the file named MUSIC LESSONS STUDENT LIST - use this to find the name of your child's teacher.
Instructions to students having music lessons
- Remember to bring your instrument and music books to school on the day of your lesson
- You may leave your instrument in the room where you will have your lesson
- Come down to the music dept (entrance next to the Food Cube) at the correct time – it is your responsibility to remember!
- Remember you must wear a FACEMASK when moving around the school
- Wait outside the room for your lesson, on the designated spot, until your teacher asks you to come in
- Like all lessons, SANITISE YOUR HANDS before you enter the room (dispensers in corridor).
- After you have packed away, your teacher will ask you to sanitise your chair, music stand, piano (if you used it) and the door handle on your way out
If you have any queries, please email me at email@example.com or ask your child to see me in the Music Office P7 any breaktime or before/after school.
- lessons take place on a rotating timetable throughout the school day
- students are expected to make their own way down to the music department at their allotted lesson time, having informed their class teacher at the start of the school lesson that they will be attending a music lesson
- we are unable to catch up music lessons missed by students as their teacher is here, ready to teach them
- music lessons continue throughout the afternoon on Student Progress Days (when normal school lessons are cancelled). Students should attend their music lesson at the scheduled time on these days (but do not need to wear school uniform, unless they are also attending their parent consultation at which all students in Years 7-11 are expected to wear uniform).
- students may drop off their instruments in the room where they will have their music lesson (on the morning of their lesson) and collect it on the way out of school at the end of the day. We ask that students make every effort to take home their instrument on the day of their lesson, otherwise the teaching rooms get very congested!
We offer music lessons on a wide range of instruments from trumpet to drumkit, violin to sax. Around 250 lessons take place each week,with over 220 students learning an instrument or two in school. If you would like to apply for lessons, please click the link above.