Please read all the information carefully before submitting an application for free school meals
Who is elligible for Free School Meals?
Free School Meals are available for children who attend a state maintained school on a full time basis.
In order to be elligible the parent / carer must be in receipt of the following:
- Income Support
- Income Based Job Seakers Allowance
- Child Tax Credit with no element of Working Tax Credit (with a family income of less than £16,190 as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs)
- National Asylum Seekers Support
- Guarantee Element of State Pension Credit
- Employment and Support Allowance - Income-related only
Please note: if you are currently in receipt of Working Tax Credit, then you do not qualify for free school meals.
How to Apply
Pease complete the form (available to download below), using BLOCK CAPITALS. You should ensure that you have signed the form and return it to the School Office. Unfortunately, any forms that are not signed or incomplete will be returned to sender and this will lead to a delay in the Free School Meal being given.
Is evidence of Benefit Entitlement Required?
You do not need to provide evidence of your benefit when you submit this form. We will check your entitlement through the Department of Education's Eligibility Service (ECS).