Please read all the information carefully before submitting an application for free school meals
Who is elligible for Free School Meals?
Free school meals are available to students whose parents are in receipt of, one or more of the following benefits:
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods)
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
How to Apply
Please go to https://pps.lgfl.org.uk/ and follow the instructions for ‘check eligibility’. Please note you will need to have your National Insurance number to hand when completing the online form.
Alternatively, Alexandra Park School is able to carry out checks on behalf of parents/guardians. If you prefer this, please fill in and return the Free School Meals application form (available to download here) to firstname.lastname@example.org