Music lesson timetable information
Music Lesson Registration click here to apply
Autumn Term 2021
Music lessons are now underway and the schedules for the full term (with rotating time slots) will be uploaded over the next few days. Please ensure that you read the information on the timetables carefully as it contains information about rearranging a lesson if your child is on a trip.
Instructions to students having music lessons
- Remember to bring your instrument and music books to school on the day of your lesson
- You may leave your instrument in the room where you will have your lesson
- Come down to the music dept (entrance next to the Food Cube) at the correct time – it is your responsibility to remember!
- Remember you must wear a FACEMASK when moving around the school
- Wait outside the room for your lesson, on the designated spot, until your teacher asks you to come in
- Like all lessons, SANITISE YOUR HANDS before you enter the room (dispensers in corridor).
- After you have packed away, your teacher will ask you to sanitise your chair, music stand, piano (if you used it) and the door handle on your way out
If you have any queries, please email me at email@example.com or ask your child to see me in the Music Office P7 any breaktime or before/after school.
- lessons take place on a rotating timetable throughout the school day
- students are expected to make their own way down to the music department at their alloted lesson time, having informed their class teacher at the start of the school lesson that they will be attending a music lesson
- we are unable to catch up music lessons missed by students as their teacher is here, ready to teach them
- music lessons continue throughout the afternoon on Student Progress Days (when normal school lessons are cancelled). Students should attend their music lesson at the scheduled time on these days (but do not need to wear school uniform, unless they are also attending their parent consultation at which all students in Years 7-11 are expected to wear uniform).
- students may drop off their instruments in the room where they will have their music lesson (on the morning of their lesson) and collect it on the way out of school at the end of the day. We ask that students make every effort to take home their instrument on the day of their lesson, otherwise the teaching rooms get very congested!
We offer music lessons on a wide range of instruments from trumpet to drumkit, violin to saz. Around 250 lessons take place each week,with over 220 students learning an instrument or two in school. If you would like to apply for lessons, please click the link above.
- Online Music Tuition HMS Guidelines.pdf (264 Downloads)
- PIANO Jose Gayo THURSDAYS.pdf (5 Downloads)
- PIANO Ian Colemans THURSDAYS.pdf (3 Downloads)
- SINGING Jade Ellins WEDNESDAYS.pdf (3 Downloads)
- CELLO Felix Stephens THURSDAYS.pdf (2 Downloads)
- GUITAR Nicholas Hill THURSDAYS.pdf (4 Downloads)
- GUITAR Ping Lee THURSDAYS.pdf (6 Downloads)
- BASS GUITAR Jonny Wickham WEDNESDAYS.pdf (3 Downloads)
- SINGING Collette Allen TUESDAYS.pdf (2 Downloads)
- PIANO Ian Coleman TUESDAYS.pdf (3 Downloads)
- PIANO Matt Scott TUESDAYS.pdf (3 Downloads)
- GUITAR Stuart Cartwright TUESDAYS.pdf (6 Downloads)
- Voice lessons with new teacher MESSAGE.pdf (12 Downloads)
- PIANO Jose Gayo WEDNESDAYS.pdf (3 Downloads)
- GUITAR DOUBLE BASS PIANO Geraldine Warner WEDNESDAYS.pdf (4 Downloads)
- CLARINET SAXOPHONE Dan Mays WEDNESDAYS.pdf (2 Downloads)
- VIOLIN VIOLA Sally Attenborough MONDAYS.pdf (6 Downloads)
- DRUMKIT Harry Malabar WEDNESDAYS.pdf (2 Downloads)
- DRUMKIT Daniel John MONDAYS.pdf (5 Downloads)
- GUITAR Keith Taylor MONDAYS.pdf (12 Downloads)
- CLARINET SAXOPHONE Dan Mays MONDAYS.pdf (3 Downloads)