Music Lesson Registration click here to apply
Summer Term 2021
Music lessons will start on Friday 23 April (for 'Friday' teachers) with everyone else starting next week. We are currently working on the schedules which will be available below in the next couple of days. All teachers will be delivering their lessons in school from now on, unless there is a further lockdown. If your child has to isolate, you can request an online lesson at their usual time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org - please try to give 48 hours notice if possible.
Instructions to students having music lessons
- Remember to bring your instrument and music books to school on the day of your lesson
- You will NOT be able to store your instrument in the music dept at the moment– keep it with you (but you should be able to leave it in your classroom during break and lunch)
- Come down to the music dept (entrance next to the Food Cube) at the correct time – it is your responsibility to remember!
- Remember you must wear a FACEMASK
- Wait outside the room for your lesson, on the designated spot, until your teacher asks you to come in
- Like all lessons, SANITISE YOUR HANDS before you enter the room (dispensers in corridor).
- Near the end of your lesson, your teacher will tell you what to write in your yellow practise book (which you will receive in your first lesson)
- After you have packed away, your teacher will ask you to sanitise your chair, music stand, piano (if you used it) and the door handle on your way out
Music lessons during year group lockdowns using online tuition
In order to continue tuition during the inevitable lockdowns and isolation cases that our students and their families will undergo in the following months, Haringey Music Service have decided to offer online tuition to students who are not in school. Full details, with guidance, are available in the document attached below Online Music Tuition HMS Guidelines. Please note, you must give consent in order for your child to receive online tuition. An email was sent out to families with a link to the consent form. If you did not receive it, please email Ms Stephens to request it. We can only arrange an online lesson with 48 hours notice.
If you have any queries, please email me at email@example.com or ask your child to see me in the Music Office P7 any breaktime or before/after school.
- lessons take place on a rotating timetable throughout the school day
- students are expected to make their own way down to the music department at their alloted lesson time, having informed their class teacher at the start of the school lesson that they will be attending a music lesson
- we are unable to catch up music lessons missed by students as their teacher is here, ready to teach them
- music lessons continue throughout the afternoon on Student Progress Days (when normal school lessons are cancelled). Students should attend their music lesson at the scheduled time on these days (but do not need to wear school uniform, unless they are also attending their parent consultation at which all students in Years 7-11 are expected to wear uniform).
- students may drop off their instruments in the room where they will have their music lesson (on the morning of their lesson) and collect it on the way out of school at the end of the day. We ask that students make every effort to take home their instrument on the day of their lesson, otherwise the teaching rooms get very congested! Please note that, during the current COVID situation, students will not be able to store instruments in the department and will need to carry them with them in school.
We offer music lessons on a wide range of instruments from trumpet to drumkit, violin to saz. Around 250 lessons take place each week,with over 220 students learning an instrument or two in school. If you would like to apply for lessons, please click the link above.
- GUITAR Keith Taylor TUESDAYS Summer 2021.pdf (52 Downloads)
- Online Music Tuition HMS Guidelines.pdf (198 Downloads)
- GUITAR Stuart Cartwright FRIDAYS Summer 2021.pdf (92 Downloads)
- VOICE Michael Solomon Williams MONDAYS Summer 2021.pdf (80 Downloads)
- DRUMS Daniel John MONDAYS Summer 2021.pdf (109 Downloads)
- GUITAR UKULELE Ping Lee THURSDAYS Summer 2021.pdf (0 Downloads)
- SINGING Jade Ellins FRIDAYS Summer 2021.pdf (0 Downloads)
- CLARINET SAXOPHONE Dan Mays MONDAYS Summer 2021.pdf (93 Downloads)
- PIANO Jose Gayo THURSDAYS Summer 2021.pdf (1 Download)
- PIANO & FLUTE Nick Lacey FRIDAYS Summer 2021.pdf (0 Downloads)
- PIANO Ian Coleman TUESDAYS Summer 2021.pdf (48 Downloads)
- PIANO KEYBOARD Matt Scott TUESDAYS Summer 2021.pdf (0 Downloads)
- PIANO Raphaelle Topenot WEDNESDAYS Summer 2021.pdf (97 Downloads)
- DRUMS Harry Malabar WEDNESDAYS Summer 2021.pdf (93 Downloads)
- TRUMPET Chris Snead THURSDAYS Summer 2021.pdf (41 Downloads)
- PIANO Ian Coleman THURSDAYS Summer 2021.pdf (54 Downloads)
- GUITAR Stuart Cartwright FRIDAYS Summer 2021.pdf (0 Downloads)
- GUITAR Nick Hill THURSDAYS Summer 2021.pdf (0 Downloads)
- CLAREINT SAXOPHONE Dan Mays WEDNESDAYS Summer 2021.pdf (53 Downloads)
- CELLO Felix Stephens THURDAYS Summer 2021.pdf (83 Downloads)
- PIANO Jose Gayo WEDNESDAYS Summer 2021.pdf (47 Downloads)
- VOICE Collette Allen TUESDAYS Summer 2021.pdf (0 Downloads)
- VIOLIN VIOLA Sally Attenborough MONDAYS Summer 2021.pdf (0 Downloads)
- BASS GUITAR and GUITAR Jonny Wickham WEDNESDAYS Summer 2021 Amended.pdf (45 Downloads)
- GUITAR Keith Taylor FRIDAYS Summer 2021.pdf (81 Downloads)
- GUITAR BASS PIANO Geraldine Warner FRIDAYS Summer 2021.pdf (0 Downloads)