Concert Tour to Paris 2019
link to our blog here APS.music.blog
Spring Term 2020
Instrumental music lessons start on the first day of term Monday 6 January
The timetables for the first week of lessons are available below. Once the first lesson of the term has taken place, a full timetable for the term will be published.
Please note that most teachers have rotating lesson times, so students must check the time of their lesson carefully each week.
If you have any queries, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or ask your child to see me in the Music Office P7 any breaktime or before/after school.
- lessons take place on a rotating timetable throughout the school day
- students are expected to make their own way down to the music department at their alloted lesson time, having informed their class teacher at the start of the school lesson that they will be attending a music lesson
- we are unable to catch up music lessons missed by students as their teacher is here, ready to teach them
- lessons missed by instrumental teachers are always caught up (or occasionally refunded)
- music lessons continue throughout the afternoon on Student Progress Days (when normal school lessons are cancelled). Students should attend their music lesson at the scheduled time on these days (but do not need to wear school uniform, unless they are also attending their parent consultation at which all students in Years 7-11 are expected to wear uniform).
- students may drop off their instruments in the room where they will have their music lesson (on the morning of their lesson) and collect it on the way out of school at the end of the day. We ask that students make every effort to take home their instrument on the day of their lesson, otherwise the teaching rooms get very congested!
We offer music lessons on a wide range of instruments from trumpet to drumkit, violin to saz. Around 250 lessons take place each week,with over 220 students learning an instrument or two in school. If you would like to apply for lessons, please download the APPLICATION FORM below, complete and return it to the Music Office (P7) or via email.
- APPLICATION_FORM.pdf (91 Downloads)
- PIANO DOUBLE BASS GUITAR Geraldine Warner FRIDAYS 2nd week.pdf (4 Downloads)
- GUITAR Stuart Cartwright FRIDAYS Spring 2020.pdf (10 Downloads)
- TRUMPET Peter Desmond FRIDAYS Spring 2020.pdf (37 Downloads)
- WOODWIND Neil Pardoe FIRDAYS first week only.pdf (38 Downloads)
- BASS GUITAR Jonny Wickham TUESDAYS Spring 2020.pdf (4 Downloads)
- VIOLIN Sally Attenborough MONDAYS Spring 2020.pdf (17 Downloads)
- CLARINET SAXOPHONE Dan Mays MONDAYS Spring 2020.pdf (21 Downloads)
- TRUMPET Chris Snead MONDAYS Spring 2020.pdf (16 Downloads)
- DRUMKIT Daniel John MONDAYS Spring 2020.pdf (21 Downloads)
- PIANO Ian Coleman TUESDAYS Spring 2020.pdf (16 Downloads)
- PIANO Matt Scott TUESDAYS Spring 2020.pdf (19 Downloads)
- VOICE Collette Allen TUESDAYS Spring 2020.pdf (14 Downloads)
- GUITAR Keith Taylor TUESDAYS Spring 2020.pdf (22 Downloads)
- VIOLIN Sally Attenborough TUESDAYS Spring 2020.pdf (15 Downloads)
- PIANO Raphaelle Topenot WEDNESDAYS Spring 2020.pdf (15 Downloads)
- PIANO Jose Gayo WEDNESDAYS Spring 2020.pdf (18 Downloads)
- GUITAR Keith Taylor WEDNESDAYS Spring 2020.pdf (17 Downloads)
- GUITAR UKELELE Ping Lee THURSDAYS Spring 2020.pdf (16 Downloads)
- DRUMKIT PERCUSSION Harry Malabar WEDNESDAYS Spring 2020.pdf (23 Downloads)
- CLARINET SAXOPHONE Dan Mays WEDNESDAYS Spring 2020.pdf (16 Downloads)
- VOICE Michael Solomon Williams THURSDAYS Spring 2020.pdf (18 Downloads)
- GUITAR Sam Harvey THURSDAYS Spring 2020.pdf (18 Downloads)
- FLUTE PIANO Nick Lacey FRIDAYS Spring 2020.pdf (17 Downloads)
- PIANO Jose Gayo THURSDAYS Spring 2020.pdf (15 Downloads)